Get your Medical Cannabis Card from a doctor you can trust. At Mindful Medicine Clinic we offer a comprehensive certification process. From initial diagnosis to completing the paperwork, everything you need can usually be accomplished in a single appointment.
What is needed for the Medical Cannabis Card?
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) application requirements:
- Illinois Driver’s License or State ID
- Secondary proof of your Illinois address (a bank statement, utility bill, voter’s card, lease, etc…)
- You cannot have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to drive a truck or school bus
- You must have a physician certify you – and that is where we come in!
In order to obtain the necessary Physician Certification, you must provide medical documentation of a condition and/or opioid prescription that qualifies in Illinois. Once the physician certification is completed, Mindful Medicine will be able to complete your online IDPH application to obtain your Medical Cannabis Card.
What if I think I have a condition, but I have never been diagnosed?
Mindful Medicine Clinic is a full service doctor’s office and can provide you with a proper evaluation and diagnosis if needed. If this requires additional labratory or radiology tests, they will be ordered at a facility that accepts your insurance to minimize cost to you.
There are several conditions on the list that may have never been diagnosed despite their consequences. For example, people with “Anxiety”, often have underlying PTSD. Without the right questions, the diagnosis can’t be made. Similar missed diagnoses are extremely common in post-concussive syndrome, fibromyalgia and several other conditions.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
What you get from Mindful Medicine
The Mindful Medicine Clinic staff will guide you by answering any questions regarding combinational treatments available via the Illinois Medical Cannabis Card. Our knowledgeable compassionate staff will, with integrity and responsibility to your healthcare needs and goals, advise you on the benefits of treatment as well as the side effects.
What you get from Mindful Medicine:
• Superbill can be printed for submission to insurance for reimbursement
• Provide telemedicine if you live far away (except during certification which is prohibited by Illinois law).
• Ability to continue your healthcare needs as a cannabis consultant even after certification
• Education for patients and caregivers on Medical Cannabis based on individual needs
• Completion of the application paperwork
You can book online, through facebook, by sending a message or with an old fashioned phone call to (224) 655-7246. We do our best to be accessible!
Below are the medical conditions you must have by Illinois law. If you have medical records from the last year that state you have this condition (doctor’s note is fine, but real medical records is the best).
- PTSD & Terminal Illnesses
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Arnold-Chiari malformation and Syringomelia
- Cachexia/wasting syndrome
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s disease (Now Includes Ulcerative Colitis)
- CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type II)
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia (severe)
- Fibrous dysplasia
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Nail-patella syndrome
- Neuro-Behcet’s Autoimmune Disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Post-concussion syndrome
- RSD (Complex Regional Pain Syndromes Type I)
- Residual limb pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy (Starting January 1, 2015)
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Spinal cord disease, including, but not limited to, arachnoiditis, Tarlov cysts, hydromyelia, syringomyelia (You must have a documented MRI showing herniated disc)
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA)
- Superior canal dehiscence syndrome
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
How long does the process take?
Your appointment will take 1-2 hours. That includes all of the intake paperwork, the doctors visit, and the application completion. You will be able to go to the dispensary in 1-2 days with your provisional license, and your card will arrive within 90 days.